Our client specialises in providing a wide range of project management, construction, and maintenance services, including signage installation, fuel system installation, general and hazardous area electrical installation services, and commercial construction and fit-out. The majority of their project and maintenance contract work is focused on the retail fuel, education, local government, and defence sectors. Employee retention and fostering an inclusive, safe, and caring work culture are important values for them.
Fully maintained vehicle, phone and tablet included.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Apprentice based in NSW to work on project works contracted and awarded across their national client base. The Electrical Apprentice will work within them to complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or a relevant qualification through an approved Training Contract. Responsibilities will include assisting trade electricians with installations, troubleshooting, repairs, and calibrations of electrical systems and equipment. The ideal candidate should be eager to learn and capable of following instructions.
The role will provide exposure to various types of work, including:
- Installation of new fuel systems, including hazardous area wiring and fuel level monitoring systems.
- Repairs and alterations of existing fuel site systems, both above and below ground.
- Installation of electric vehicle charging systems.
- Switchboard audits and surveys, covering general light and power switchboards as well as hazardous area fuel systems.
- Energy efficiency site upgrades and rollout works.
- Planned and reactive electrical maintenance.
To be successful in this role, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Ability to undergo training to obtain job-specific licenses and qualifications, such as confined space entry, working at height, and elevated work platform certifications.
- Attend all scheduled off-site training sessions and maintain progress by passing all modules.
- Follow instructions issued by the Manager/Coordinator/Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Possess a strong work ethic and contribute actively to a positive work culture with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Properly use and maintain relevant tools, materials, equipment, and vehicles.
- Embrace the company’s workplace health and safety culture, work well as part of a team, and actively raise any safety concerns.
- Willingness to travel regionally and interstate as required.
- Self-motivated and positive problem solver, offering solutions when faced with challenges.
- Proficiency in using web-based project/job management systems, handling forms, verification paperwork, safety checklists, and works verification forms.
- Basic skills in using and maintaining hand and power tools, small machinery, as well as various static and mobile vehicles, plant, and machinery.
- Minimum education requirement – Year 10 School Certificate
- Current C Class Driver’s License
- Construction white card.
- Relevant pre-vocational studies certification
Pay rate dependent on experience – between $25-35 per hour.